During the week of June 4 – 10,The Femonite is featuring a series of posts focusing on sexual violence, its connections to gender, and ways that the church can address and name it. Check back each day this week for a new post.
- Naming Sexual Violence – An overview of the extent of sexual violence and a plea to remain silent no longer
- No Longer Politely Angry – Rachel Halder examines the reasons why women (and men) can no longer remain politely angry about sexual violence. Also, check out Rachel’s new blog: http://www.rachelhalder.com/.
- What’s Modesty Got to Do With It? – Reflections on sex, lust, violence and the clothes women wear.
- Seeking a Happy Ending in Young Adult Literature – Katie Kevorkian reflects on the problematic picture of abusive reltaionships painted in popular young adult series like 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight
- In Remembrance of Bat-Jiftah: Judges 11:29-40 – Mennonite pastor Leo Hartshorn reflects on sexual abuse in the Bible
- Stewardship of Sexuality: A Christian call for Sex Positivity – Ruth Marston reflects on why positive and honest conversations about sexuality are important within church settings for combatting sexual violence